Thursday, August 20, 2009

Where in the World Have I Been?

Here's what I've been up to, a little earlier than expected... Okay a lot earlier. I just went in for a regular checkup and was suddenly diagnosed with a severe case of pre-eclampsia (despite any real signs or symptoms). More details later.

See how red I am? It's from the medication I was on. It makes you hot and tired and exhausted and icky. But here's little baby Ava! She was born Thursday, August 13, 3lbs 6 oz. and 18 inches long. 6 weeks and one day early.

More pictures coming soon. She already looks different. And she has a little bow in her hair now. Pin It

9 comments:

Trevor and Natalie said...

Oh my goodness! Look at you! Wow, and we haven't even had a shower for you yet. Well, in any case she is beautiful and I bet you are so glad to have her here. :)

A Dunn Deal said...

I'm so glad you both are doing well! This is the first of many SUPRISES little Ava will give her parents. Enjoy!

Talk of the Town said...

She is so sweet. Congrats girl!

Lori said...

Very beautiful baby! glad we got to meet her.

Kristina Werner said...

So beautiful, Christy! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Christy... holy preemie Batman! What a surprise, I haven't even shopped for a shower gift yet... congratulations! I'm SOOO glad that you and Ava are ok. By the way, love love LOVE the name Ava, it's in my top three names for when I have a... female goldfish. :) Let me know when we can come see you!

Nicole said...

It was great talking to you today! I jumped on here right after so I could see pictures of little Ava. SHe is beautiful and tiny! I'm glad you are both doing well, can't wait to see you both!

Unknown said...

congratulations! I hope your and Ava (love the name) are well. Can't wait to meet her.

katsai said...

Congratulations! and what a suprise ;P So pleased you're both doing well. I stumbled across your blog months ago near the start of your pregnancy, which was also the start of mine!! I'm now 34 weeks, a little girl too :) So happy everything has gone well for both you and little Ava !!!